*** PLEASE VISIT OUR NEW AND IMPROVED NEWS WEBSITE. CLICK HERE

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Florida Couple Says TSA Search Went Too Far

A disabled Florida couple say they were subjected to a humiliating search by over-zealous airport security officials. Jason and Jennifer Steitler claim they were groped under their clothes by TSA agents last week at Greater Rochester International Airport in New York.

The pat downs were so intrusive that Mrs Steitler went as far as describing the experience as a 'search rape'. "It was extremely thorough, almost a violation," says Mr Steitler. "They did the hair then did the neck. Then they had me do a pushup in my chair, then got down into my inner thigh around my back side. It's the most thorough search [I've] had done in my life."

Steitler says they've complained to the TSA about their experience, but all they've received back is a standard form letter. "Just the standard reply to everything: 'In order to fly you have to be searched,' '" says Steitler.


No comments: